1. It's the thought that counts.
有这份心就行了。
I don't care how expensive the gifts are. It's the thought that counts.
我不在乎礼物有多贵,重要的是心意。
You don't have to give me anything, it's the thought that counts.
你什么东西都不用给我,有这份心意就行了。
2. I can feel it in my bones.
我有直觉。
He will come. I can feel it in my bones.
他一定会来,我有直觉。
He doesn't like me. I can feel it in my bones.
他不喜欢我,我能感觉到。
3. the chance of a lifetime / a chance in a million
意思是千载难逢的机会。
Come on, this is the chance of a lifetime, go for it.
这可是千载难逢的好机会,你一定要抓住。
a second chance 第二次机会。
Everyone deserves a second chance.
每个人都应该有第二次机会。
4. There are plenty of (other) fish in the sea.
海里有的是其它鱼,意思是可供选择的很多,大可不必一棵树上吊死。
I know you are upset because she left you, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
我知道她跟你分手,你一定很难过,不过,天涯何处无芳草啊。
5. bite one's tongue
可以是真的咬到舌头,也可以指强忍着不说。
I really wanted to beg him to stay, but I bit my tongue.
我想求他留下,但强忍着没说出口。
类似的 to hold one's tongue.
I wanted to tell her the truth, but I held my tongue.
我想告诉她真相,但忍住了没说。
6. rack one's brain
绞尽脑汁。
I racked my brain for hours to solve the puzzle.
我冥思苦想好几个小时,试图解开这道谜。
She racked her brain trying to remember his name.
她绞尽脑汁,想他的名字。
I racked my brain to figure out a way to impress my boss.
亲,您还可以通过输入关键字“交换生”或是“美国留学”等等来获取交换生项目的进一步信息。或者加戴老师QQ:784214284;刘老师QQ:732415890
要了解更多资讯请致电:
中国对外友好合作服务中心艺术留学部深圳办公室
13714040870 (戴老师) 15118088787(苗老师)18665970148(刘老师)
或0755-82901599,82530898 (办公室)