(请点击上方的“金东方美国留学”添加关注,更多精彩等着您!)
(建议在wifi环境下观看)
It's not the greatest country in the world. Professor, that's my answer.
美国不是世界上最伟大的国家,教授,这是我的答案。
Fine. Sharon, the NEA is a loser. Yeah, it accounts for a penny out of our paycheck, but he gets to hit you with it any time he wants. That doesn't cost money, it costs votes. That costs airtime and column inches. You know why people don't like liberals? Because they lose. If liberals are so f**kin'smart, how come they lose so goddamn always? And with a straight face you're gonna tell students that America is so star-spangled awesome that we're the only ones in the world who have freedom?
莎伦,报业协会是窝囊废。没错,它花的都是纳税人的钱,却反过来攻击你。这不花钱,花的是票数,就花点儿广播时间和专栏长度。你知道为什么人们不喜欢自由主义者吗?因为他们是窝囊废。如果他们有那么聪明,又怎么会一次都没赢过。你还能面不改色地跟学生说,美国是如此的了不起,如此的星光璀璨,美国是世界上唯一一个有自由的国家吗?
Canada has freedom. Japan has freedom. The U.K., France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia, Belgium has freedom! 207 sovereign states in the world, like 180 of them have freedom.
加拿大有自由,日本有自由,英国,法国,意大利,德国,西班牙,澳洲,比利时都有自由。世界上有207个主权国家,大概有180个是有自由的。
All right... And, yeah, you, sorority girl. Just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day, there are some things you should know, and one of them is there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world.
好吧……还有你,联谊会女生。以免你以后不小心乱入了投票站,我觉得有些事你是要知道的。其中一件就是完全没有数据,来支持你这种美国是世界上最伟大的国家的说法。
We're seventh in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force, and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories: Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending where we spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies.
读写能力我们排第7;数学第27,科学排第22;人均寿命第49;婴儿死亡率排178;家庭收入中值排第3;劳动力排第4;出口额排第4。只有三项排名我们是排榜首的,监狱人员所占总人口比,重信教人数和国防支出,这项支出比后面26个国家的总和还多,其中25国是北约成员国。
Now, none of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, but you nonetheless are without a doubt a member of the worst period generation period ever period.
当然,这都不是你这个20岁大学生的错,但你却毋庸置疑生活在这个史上最糟糕最悲剧的年代。
So when you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world. I don't know what the f**k you're talking about. Yosemite?
所以你问我是什么造就了这个最伟大的国度,我真不懂***在放什么狗屁。悠仙美地国家公园?
We sure used to be.
我们过去的确辉煌过。
We stood up for what was right.
我们会为正义而拼,为道德而战。
We fought for moral reasons.
因合乎道德而立良法,
We passed laws, struck down laws for moral reasons.
因违背道德而废恶法。
We waged wars on poverty, not poor people.
我们为穷人而战,而并非讨伐穷人。
We sacrificed. We cared about our neighbors.
甘愿牺牲,关心邻里。
We put our money where our mouths were and we never beat our chest.
勤劳踏实而不是空口说大话。
We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and we cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy.
创造探索太空,治愈疾病。
还出过世界上最出色的艺术家,有过世界上最棒的经济体制。
We reached for the stars, acted like men.
可上九天揽月,虽是一介凡人。
We aspired to intelligence.We didn't be little it. That didn't make us feel inferior.
追求知识,不轻视,知识不会让我们觉得低人一等。
We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election and we didn't...we didn't scare so easy.
不会以上届选举的投票选择来给自己定性左右派
我们也...我们也不会轻易畏惧。
Ahem, we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed.
之所以曾做到过这些,是因为我们站在巨人的肩膀上
By great men, men who were revered.
因为有那些受人尊敬的伟大人物。
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
解决问题的第一步,是要认清症结所在。
... ...
America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.
美国再也不是世界上最伟大的国家了。
更多资讯,请访问 金东方留学官网: www.easyoz.com
全国咨询热线:4006-989-511
如果大家觉得内容有价值,请点击微信右上角选择“发给朋友”或者“分享到朋友圈”,分享给那些还没有关注我们微信平台的朋友们!重要的资料可以点击“收藏“。
您也可以通过扫描或长按左方二维码关注我们;
↓↓↓