I ‘m in a bit of a jam. 我遇到点麻烦。
I’m in a jam.我遇到了困难。不要按字面意思翻译为我在我在果酱里,Jam除了果酱还有困境的意思。
通过情景掌握这些口语
Duncan: So what is my lawyer doing here?
邓肯: 律师大人,有何贵干?
Jeff: I’m a student.
杰夫:我是这里的学生。
Duncan: Well,that cannot be an inspiring journey.
邓肯:这里可不是什么灵感之旅。
Jeff: I am in a bit of a jam. The state bar has suspended my license. They found out my college degree was less than legitimate.
杰夫:我遇到了点麻烦。律师协会吊销了我的执照。他们发现我的大学文凭不够合法。
Duncan: I thought you had a bachelor’s from Columbia.
邓肯: 我以为你有哥伦比亚(大学)的学士学位。
Jeff: Now I have to get one from America. And it can’t be an email attachment.
杰夫:现在我必须在美国拿一个学位。电邮附件那种是不行的。
Duncan: Well, you’ve picked a fine school.
邓肯:那你就选对学校了。
Jeff: Yes, and I’m hoping that our friendship will yield certain advantages. You know, academic guidance, moral support, every answer to every test for every one of the classes that I’m taking. Here’s my schedule.
杰夫:是的,我希望我们的友谊能为我带来一定优势。比如:学术指导,精神支持,我选的所有课的所有考试的全部答案。这是我的课表。
Duncan: No, Now, Jeff, just by asking that, you have insulted the integrity of this entire institution.
邓肯: 杰夫,你提这个,就已经侮辱了我们学校的正直与诚信。
suspend vt. 中止;悬挂,吊
legitimate adj. 合法的,正当的
attachment n. 附件
moral adj. 道德的,精神上的
integrity n. 耿直,正直,诚实; 完整
institution n. 机构,团体。
摘抄微英语,版权归原作者,由东莞教育发表
长按识别二维码关注东莞教育!