《Do You Remember》发行于1990年,收录在专辑《...But Seriously》中。
在最初的录音室版中,和声由Phil Collins(菲尔·柯林斯)与美国歌手Stephen Bishop共同完成。Phil Collins作为主唱与词曲作者兼制作人,还演奏了键盘与打击乐器,十足音乐全才。
We never talked about it
我们从来没有谈过
But I hear the blame was mine
但我听到的都是对我的责备
I'd call you up to say I'm sorry
我想给你打电话说“抱歉”
But I wouldn't want to waste your time
但是我不想浪费你的时间
'Cause I love you, but I can't take any more
因为我爱你,我再也无法容忍了
There's a look I can't describe in your eyes
你的眼中有一种无法描述的神情
If we could try, like we tried before
我们可以像以前那样再去努力尝试
Would you keep on telling me those lies?
可你总是谎话连篇
Do you remember?
你还记得吗
There seemed no way to make up
似乎没有办法来弥补
'Cause it seemed your mind was set
因为你似乎已经主意已定
And the way you looked it told me
那眼神,我知道
It's a look I know I'll never forget
我永远不会忘记
You could've come over to my side
你本可以来到我身边
You could've let me know
你本可以告诉我
You could've tried to see the distance between us
你本可以看到我们之间的距离
But it seemed too far for you to go
但这对你似乎太遥远
Do you remember?
你还记得吗
Through all of my life, in spite of all the pain
我这一生尽管经历了许多痛苦
You know people are funny sometimes
你知道人们有时是很可笑的
'Cause they just can't wait, to get hurt again
只是不想再次受到伤害
Tell me, do you remember?
告诉我,你还记得吗
There are things we won't recall
那些我们不记得的事情
And feelings we'll never find
那些我们永远无法找到的情感
It's taken so long to see it
用了这许久才看清楚
'Cause we never seemed to have the time
因为我们似乎从来没有时间了
There was always something more important to do
总有更重要的事情要做
More important to say
更重要的事情要说
But "I love you" wasn't one of those things
而“我爱你”却不在其中
And now it's too late
但是现在已经太晚了
Do you remember? (now it's over)
你还记得吗?(已经结束了)
Tell me, do you remember?
告诉我,你还记得吗
Tell me now, do you remember?
现在告诉我,你还记得吗
推荐阅读
本文由“走遍美国”编辑整理