关于年轻人应该如何生活的10个建议 10 recommendations to young people

2014年04月09日 美国课程教育



You’re young once only. How do you make the most out of it instead of wasting time only on the unnecessary parties and drinks all the time? Feross Aboukhadijeh, a web developer, designer, and Stanford computerscience graduate, who has a company StudyNotes that helps students learn fasterand better, shared on Quora what a young person should do to life.

你只会年轻一次。你该如何追求理想的生活而不总是把时间都浪费在无聊的聚会和酒宴上呢?费罗斯·阿巴克哈迪贾是一名网站开发师、设计师,毕业于斯坦福大学计算机科学专业。他创立了StudyNotes公司,致力于帮助学生更快更好地学习。他在Quora上分享了年轻人应该如何生活。

1. Prioritize learning.

把学习放在首位。

Learn the 10,000 hour rule.

不要忘记一万小时定律。

Start early.

尽快开始。

Read a lot. 2-3 hours a day, at least.

大量阅读。每天至少23小时。

2. Don’t talk about doing stuff. Do stuff.

不要说要做什么事。做事。

The world is full of so many talkers, and so few doers.

世界上不乏空口说白话者,而行动者只是少数。

Too much planning is as bad as no planning.

考虑太多和没有计划一样糟糕。

"Posting about your plans is shadow of Done"

吹嘘计划是对实际行动的臆想。

Make stuff while your brain is young and fresh. The brain gets slower as you age.

趁你的思想年轻有活力时做事。你的大脑随着你的年龄的增长而变迟钝。

3. Figure out what you like. Try to become the best inthe world at it.

找到你喜欢做的事。努力成为这个领域里的顶尖人物。

If you start early, you will have time to change yourmind.

如果你趁早开始,你还有机会改变主意。

Don’t worry if it’s not “prestigious” or won’t make you a lot of money. If you’re good at it, you’ll make it prestigious.

不要担心你所喜欢的事情不体面或者不能赚到很多钱。如果你很擅长这件事,你会让它受人尊敬的。

4. Experience stuff.

多多经历。

Watch epic movies/books/music.

去看史诗级的电影、书籍、音乐。

Go on adventures (road trips, travel to other countries).

去冒险(公路旅行、异国游)。

Talk to interesting people and really listen.

和有趣的人交谈,认真倾听。

5. Spoil yourself on the stuff that matters.

在重要的事情上宠爱自己。

Eat well, sleep well, drink (water) we

吃好、睡好、喝好(喝水)。

Buy a good bed (you spend of your life in your bed).

买一张好的床(你一生有三分之一的时间在床上度过)。

Buy a good computer (since you will spend so much time on it).

买一台好的电脑(因为你会花很多时间在它身上)。

Similarly, good chair, keyboard, mouse, etc.

同样地,好的椅子、键盘、鼠标等等。

6. You may ignore the opposite sex until you are 20.

20岁之前,你完全可以忽视异性。

At the very least don’t feel bad if you don’t have a girlfriend/boyfriend before age 20. You’re not “missing out” — in the grand scheme of things, it’s not very important.

至少,在你20岁之前不要因为没有女朋友或男朋友而心情不好。你并没有错过机会“——在庞大的人生计划中,这并不是非常重要。

7. Try to work hard to get into college.

努力学习进入大学。

In high school, try to get all A’s — even when the class is unpleasant.

上高中时,努力每个科目都拿到A——即使这堂课不是那么让人愉快。

University is such a formative experience, you’ll make lifelong friends and business partners, and learn a ton about yourself.

大学是一段有重大影响的形成经历,你会结交一辈子的朋友和商业伙伴,而且深入了解自己。

You’ll want to do this at the best possible school you can get into.

你当然会希望在你所能进入的最好的大学里完成这些事。

8. Don’t worry about your grades once you got into college.

进入大学后就不要太在乎成绩了。

Once in college, don’t worry about grades (caveat: unless you plan to go to grad school,especially law or PhD programs, or apply for a competitive job).

一旦进入大学后,不要为成绩操心了(警告:除非你想读研,特别是法律专业或者想读博,再或者你想应聘一份竞争激烈的工作)。

Optimize for learning and personal happiness.

充分追求知识和个人幸福。

Find time for side projects.

为业余活动腾出时间。

9. Be genuine. Be nice.

真诚。友好。

Being genuine is freeing since you can just be yourself with everyone you know —you won’t have to worry about keeping lies straight in your head.

真诚就是自由,因为这样你能在所有认识的人面前做真实的自己——不需要因为脑中藏着谎言而担心。

10. Learn to delay gratification.

学会推迟享受。

收藏 已赞